HomeCompanyCompetencePortfolioReferencesGalleryContactCareerTermsLegal notice
Company > History

Over a corporate history that spans 80 years, the Küpper Group has evolved into a global presence. Rooted in the metalworking tradition of the Bergisches Land region, we now rank among the leading suppliers of finished automotive components made of cast iron and die-cast aluminium and are noted for our contract machining of forgings.

Like few other products, automobiles in Germany stand for progress and change. Automotive engineering is about transcending boundaries and experimenting with new materials, about constantly re-defining manufacturing technologies and economic efficiency concepts. The Küpper Group meets the sophisticated demands of its partners through an ongoing expansion of its manufacturing sites and product portfolios.

  • 1921: August Küpper establishes an iron and malleable-iron foundry in his native town of Velbert.
  • 1962: H.J. Küpper Metallbearbeitung is founded at Heiligenhaus. The company specializes in contract machining of castings and forgings. This new business line enables Küpper for the first time to pursue a strategic combination of casting and manufacturing processes under one corporate roof.
  • 1972: An aluminium die-casting foundry is set up at Velbert. The Küpper Group thus aligns itself with fast-growing market demand for high-quality aluminium castings.
  • 1992: The production of precision components for systems and modules is expanded with the opening of a new factory at Cunewalde. Advanced manufacturing technology such as interlinked machining centres allow us to meet volume production demand.
  • 2002: In a greenfield investment project, a further strategic manufacturing site is created with the foundation of Küpper Hungria KFT at Tiszaújváros, Hungary. This deliberate commitment in Central Europe marks a key step towards optimized inter-site cost effectiveness.

Today, the Küpper Group is an international partner to the automotive industry with a Europe-wide presence. From Germany to Hungary, about 900 Küpper employees provide sophisticated solutions to customers appreciating our full service approach. Targeted investment in all ISO TS 16949 certified facilities allows us to combine outstanding manufacturing standards with optimum economic efficiency.

© 2004-2009 Küpper Group